13 September 2010

1000-square-feet of Luxury

Friday was magazine day (aka Christmas) and I received my October Country Living.  I love this publication, but it is generally pretty predictable.  Not this month.  I was so inspired by the interiors that I had to share.  This one comes from Lizzie Carney in Jacksonville, Illinois.  It is dark and dreamy - just how October should be.  Carney achieves the perfect balance of rugged country (french) and luxurious femininity in her 1930s bungalow.  She broke all the right rules and I love it!



She painted her small space a fabulous shade of charcoal and it makes it feel so cozy.  I will be looking for a spot in my own home that I can paint dark gray- it's so chic with the pink!


What a lovely little kitchen!  The blue accents make me so happy and the carved wood back splash is delish.  She has mixed era and styles with abandon and the end result is perfect.


This is one of my favorites- she turned her basement into a wine cellar and dining room.  Brilliant.  It is whimsical and fabulous.  I picture this space lit entirely by candle light, a group of my closest friends, a rich stew with autumn vegetables and lots of wine.  What wonderful conversation would ensue!


And she turned her guest bedroom into a dressing room.  I die.  This might be the most fabulous bachelorette pad I've ever seen.  She covered the ottoman in pink denim she bought at Walmart and spray painted the rug to resemble the Union Jack. 

Pink and gray again.  Love it.  She might be my new design icon.  Check out her design firm Euro Trash.

Pictures courtesy of Country Living Magazine October 2010.  Photographs by Bjorn Wallander.  Styling by Nicola Marc.

No comments:

Post a Comment