17 September 2010

Pink and Gray... So Hot Right Now

Everywhere I look, I see pink and gray paired together and it thrills me.  I can't think of a more romantic and luxurious combination.  My current favorite pink and gray room is from Lonny Magazine.  I've been staring at this picture for months and it has prompted me to rethink everything I thought I wanted for our master bedroom.  Plush gray velvet with powder pink walls and jewel-toned accents... Could you just die?! 


I like to picture a bed in place of the sofa with a gray velvet tufted headboard and pink and white bed linens.  I would wake up every morning bright eyed and ready to start my day in a room like this.  Unfortunately, I've already ordered my Ballard Designs tufted headboard and gray velvet was not an option, so I'm forced to rethink and regroup.  For now, I'm thinking Benjamin Moore's Gentle Butterfly on the walls.  Our bedroom is south-facing and I think pink would be oh so flattering and bright.  For the gray, a charcoal dupioni curtain would be lovely with acrylic window hardware, which I have yet to find.  However, I did spot a fabulous duvet made in India on Overstock.com.  It is suzani-esque and the price is very right.  I could pair it with some sweet pink embroidered sheets or even the solid white that we have now and pink Euro shams.  I picked up some lamps at HomeGoods on our way back from Hilton Head that look like sea urchins (the green background in the picture does them no justice).  I think these would look lovely perched on the Crate & Barrel nightstands that I want.  Here is a preliminary compilation of my pink and gray inspired ideas.



It's pretty unfinished, I know, but I'll keep thinking.  In the meantime, here are some of my favorite pink and gray pairings.


Image courtesy of Lonny Magazine


Image courtesy of Country Living, October 2010


Image courtesy of Lonny Magazine


Image courtesy of Lonny Magazine


Image courtesy of House Beautiful magazine via http://www.housebeautiful.com/


Image courtesy of domino Magazine


Image courtesy of MarthaStewart.com


No comments:

Post a Comment