18 February 2011

Gratatouille

They say an object in motion stays in motion and lately I have been running on sheer momentum.  I've been so caught up in life that I've forgotten how to live.  And then suddenly, a bump in the road.  An occurrence that was at the time frustrating and inconvenient and even quite worrisome.  Nothing tragic, just annoying and without explanation.  It seemed to happen for no good reason, except in hindsight it wasn't just any bump in the road, but a speed bump placed strategically and deliberately to say, "Slow down, Bruce Lee, you're moving too fast."  And so in finding my way back from this small detour, I looked to some "places" I often go in situations like this and I was reminded of the importance of gratitude.  Simran Singh says, " Look for the opportunities within your obstacles NOT the obstacles within your opportunities."  I am so thankful for this speedbump, which was an opportunity disguised as an obstacle put in place to remind me that life is playful, delight in it.  Routines cause ruts and sometimes losing focus is a good thing.

Here is some artwork by artist Sebastiaan Bremer that I find playful, hopeful and just plain delightful.  Enjoy.




Artwork by Sebastiaan Bremer via bumbumbum.me

1 comment:

  1. "I am so thankful for this speedbump, which was an opportunity disguised as an obstacle put in place to remind me that life is playful, delight in it."
    Whitney, just before I saw this, I told your mom how I had nothing higher on my agenda today than to enjoy the day! We also had quite a discussion about gratitude: we have it in abundance! May your day be filled with joy and love.

    ReplyDelete