01 June 2011

Mamoul-Mia!

This weekend we headed down to South Florida for my sister-in-law's baby shower.  It was a long and tedious journey down I-95 with two young in the backseat (Lilly and my nephew Ewan), but eleven hours and more bathroom breaks later we arrived in Boca Raton and didn't stop moving until 8:30 last night when we got home.  In addition to being lovely, as always, to visit with family and enjoy the tropical Florida weather poolside, it was a surprising culinary adventure!  My brother's wife Rayna is from Lebanon and her mother is a phenomenal cook and, lucky for us, she fed us until my pants no longer fit comfortably!  We had homemade hummus, tabbouleh, felafel and many more dishes that I wish I knew the names and recipes for!  One bite I particularly liked was a small date-filled cookie called Mamoul. 


They are as delicious as they are beautiful and the recipe is en route via Rayna's mama. In the meantime, here is a recipe from food.com .










No comments:

Post a Comment